Monday, March 28, 2011

Spring is Finally Here!

Spring is finally here, and it reminds me every year that it's worth waiting for! This was an extremely long Winter, especially for California. With most of the Big rains behind us now, the Sun is shining. Yippee! I took my walkabout this morning and here's what I found! It may not look like much to you, but I know with a cold winter and lots of rain good things are happening in the Garden! This is when I went in and grabbed my camera!


A Beautiful volunteer of Sweetpeas up amongst the Grape vines really surprised me this morning. While the late planting of Sweet Peas are just barely above the soil.


Big Bearded Iris are beginning to burst!


Up in the Terraced Garden the Shrub Roses are beginning to really leaf out. Sweet pink blossoms are not far away!


Forget me Nots?


I haven't seen them in a few years! Now I know where the name come from!


Another round of Daffodils. Chubby blooms of Cheerfulness, a highly fragrant variety!


All the bees are happy. Buzzing around the Lavender in Full bloom!


The soft dewey leaves of Lambs Ears! This soft gray green leaf is just lovely combined with delicate English Roses.


Feverfew. I could never have enough. Be careful what you wish for.... It's coming up everywhere!


Here she goes! Just waitng for a stalk of Artichokes to rise up! Do we eat them or just watch them bloom?


A row of teeny tiny Alpine Strawberries never cease to amaze me. There is more sweetness and flavor in this little gem than a basket full of huge Berries from the market. A little treat for me in the garden.


This snowy white Camellia opening after the Rains. So worried I had lost them all.


A hardy shade Perennial, Hellebore, and such a great cutting flower.


Dainty Coral bells in a shady garden.


I love this Perennial Ranunculu. A yummy yellow, with more volunteers popping up all over my garden every year.


Hundreds of tiny Snowballs forming on the Viburnum bushes. This is going to be quite the show this year!
Big mound of Alstromeria. I love this particular one for it's variegated leaf. One of my favorite flowers to cut. Actually you just pull them right up out of the earth by the stem!


This is the first Iceberg Rose to bloom. I can hardly wait, there's so much more to come! Lilacs and Columbine and... Hundreds of roses! Oh My, I better get to gardening! Bye!
















1 comment:

  1. Oh, I am so jealous! Your flowers are just beautiful. It will be months before we see that much in bloom here. :(

    ReplyDelete